Tuesday 5 August 2014

Chronic illness

Living with a chronic illness is something you can't understand tell it happens to you. You can read and hear about it all you want. Live with someone who has one. but it's never the same as having one. I am starting to learn I have to listen to my body more. Stop pushing my self. This is my reality. I am a not overly healthy person. I have been fighting it and thinking I can just go about things. I finally hit that wall. This is my rock bottom. I don't have the energy and strength to visit with someone or shower every day. Daily tasks are hard and sometimes near impossible to do with out being layed up. I think one reason I have been in denial is my mom also has an illness and I grew up watching her go from being healthy to bed ridden for years. She found that happy medium and now it's my turn to find mine. It's something I need to go at alone. I can't believe how lucky I am to have such a great muffin who supports and does everything in his power or understand what I'm going through.
This is my reality. I must accept it and own it.

No comments:

Post a Comment