Saturday 7 November 2015

chemical free living info night

I was invited to a chemical free seminar. This is just what I needed. I have been meaning to get better options but didn't know where to start.  It was put on by someone with young living essential oils which I love! It definitely was a lot of info. Some of which I knew already but it reinforced what I already knew. Which was that I need to be more aware of what chemicals I am exposing my self to. I took a lot of notes so I wouldn't forget cause there was so much info. I'm glad I did cause I have been going over the notes today and watched the documentaries that she suggested called the human experiment (it was already on my watch list on Netflix) as well as 2 apps where you can scan bar codes of house hold products to see how hazards they are to your health. The apps are called think dirty and skin deep. So guess how my day was spent? Lol I was very surprised to find a few 9-10 ratings on house hold and beauty products. Which is the worst rating you can get. Image my surprise. This whole experience was pretty eye opening that even the products that are marketed to be healthier are actually just green washed by companies so they appear as if they are better for you and the environment. Many of those brands still got a very poor rating. Chemical exposure is increasing medical conditions such as cancer, asthma, fertility issues and autism to name just a few. So I ask you this are you ready for a change? Do you think you and your family are worth doing better for? Because I certainly do. Remember you don't know things tell you know them so don't beat your self up for using harmful products when you didn't know better. But now that you know. Do your research. Knowledge is power.

No comments:

Post a Comment