Monday 13 June 2016

From cane to walking 40 min

the past few years have been a huge struggle. Every day and everything I do has the ability to set me back. Going on vacation, being sick or doing to much.Something as simple as dishes and laundry can cause enough pain I'm sick in bed the rest of the day. The past year I have gone from relying on a cane and barely being able to walk from the bed to the couch. To being able to walk about 40 min a day. It's slow pace and knocks me down so I can't do much else for the day. But it's a huge deal. I never thought I would be able to walk my dogs again which made me so sad. The look on their faces when we get back and they are tired out from the walk is the best ever and warms my heart. I may be on the couch dizzy and in pain for the rest go the afternoon but it's worth it. It has taken a lot to get this far. I started with being only able to walk 30 seconds. So as silly as it sounds I walked at home in place and every few days I would add a little bit more. Eventually I was up to 30 min and spring was coming. I wanted to walk the dogs again. I started with one and would take it slow and do a short walk. As I said my muscles are sore from my health issues after doing anything that I get tremors and will have my legs and arms just give out. I'm hoping I can keep it up. I know I can through the summer but don't know what I will do once winter comes. Winter is horrible of my body and health issues so I might have to do walking inside again and it might be less. But I'm gonna keep pushing my self and trying to maintain what I have gotten back mobility wise. I know I won't ever be where I was  but I also never wanna end up back to where I was basically bed ridden. You take the simple things for granted. You don't know how lucky we are tell it's taken away. It's been a long road and I still have a long way to go. The key is not giving up on your self. Knowing your boundaries and leaning to adapt to your new situation.

No comments:

Post a Comment