Thursday 17 March 2016

A week in Hawaii


we were lucky enough to have a chance to go to Hawaii with muffins whole family. There were 12 of us that went his mother, sister, hubby and 2 kids, brother, wife and 3 kids and muffin and my self. This whole trip was a dream vacation all happened because my mother in law wine some money on the extra. I couldn't think of a better person to win money on the lotto. It made it possible for her to make one of her dreams come true. Her dream was to go to Hawaii and being able to take all her kids and grand kids was obviously an added bonus. It was so generous of her and was a true bonding experience with so many memories made.
I was worried about the travel with my health issues. It wasn't as bad as I thought. Although the 13 hours flying was difficult I made sure to rest before, take extra meds and bring my neck pillow. The kids all did great flying. We arrived in Honolulu  around midnight. Grabbed the rental car and headed to the house. Since it was dark we didn't get to see our beautiful view tell the morning. Once we took in our surroundings and the house we made our way to Walmart and Costco to buy some food for the week. I had some amazing food truck tacos out side Costco. We relaxed around the house and took in the yard and pool. Before dinner a few of us went with the older kids to the dole plantation. It rained pretty good while we were there but I still took in the shops and we made the last train of the plantation. Home for dinner and early to bed.
The next day started at 4 am as most of the week did between the time change and chickens waking me up. Kirk and I went early to the sea life park to see as much as we could. The rest of the family caught up with us later. I got yo feed the sea lions there lunch as well as feed some Dolphins. It was a great day with such a beautiful view. We took the scenic ride home and stopped at a set of food trucks where we got some BBQ meat with rice.

The next day I went to Pearl Harbour  with muffin and his brother it was a gold 8 hour day. Really up our ally we all enjoyed it. But after we got there we did the sub and then went to the Arizona. We were on the boat ready to leave to go back to shore when a helicopter crashed into the dock we were suppose to dock at. They are lucky they hit the water which was my 8 feet deep. If they would have hit the land it would have been so much worse and there were 100s of people 15 feet from where they crashed. Sandy the 15 year old boy was trapped underwater for over a min and needed cpr we found out he passed away a week later in the hospital.
The next morning we hung out at the house and checked out a near by town and then muffin and I took off to the Polynesian cultural centre when it opened at noon. We walked and went to all the islands and learnt a lot and saw a lot of different shows and exhibits. I found this so interesting and it really helped with understanding the luau and big show we went to. My 2 sister in laws and mother in law met up with us girls the luau and show. The highlight for me was the 8 year old fire knife danced. The food was good I made a effort to try everything that I could including all the raw fish which is their specialty. It was a very long day  and we were all very tired when we got home.
We woke up early and muffin and I went to the zoo which was right on Waikiki we stopped at a Hawaiian fast food place called zippy then relaxed around the house swam in the pool and early to bed.
Then it was a beach day we lazed around the house in the and then took a walk to the beach. Later my sister in law and muffin walked to the grocery store and stopped at the food trucks to get some food and shave ice. Relaxing day and then back to the beach before dinner.
We woke up and packed and cleaned the house a bit. Muffin his mom and my self walked to the beach. The beach was gone the water had come in so far that the steps leading down to the beach were gone and the waves were coming up on to the road area. They were 30+ feet. We went back and left for the air port. Good thing we did the waves got to 60+ feet and  they closed the highway as they were crashing over the highway. People lost stone fences and damaged their houses and the roads from the waves. They were big enough that 2 days later they had the Eddie. A big surf companion that has only happened 9 times in 31 years and the last time it happened was 9 years ago. It's really to bad we missed it  it would have been neat to have been there and seen it. It happened right on the beach we were minutes away from.
The trip home was broken up which made it better. The kids did really great both ways. The flight was kinda rough on the way back. We were dropping a good 30-50 feet. I have been through a lot of rough flights but this was the worst. It was also bad because of my vertigo. We got to Vancouver and wouldn't you know it they had made us check our carry on the last min and I didn't take my meds out and they lost the bag. They handled it great. And the bag actually beat us home but flying with out my meds was bad and I was having chills and sweats from not having them as well as vertigo and nausea. But not even that could take away from how amazing the trip was. I feel truly blessed to have had this opportunity and to have gotten to build so a,my memories with such a great family who I am lucky to be a part of.

No comments:

Post a Comment