Monday 8 June 2015

Growing sprouts

so while at gf expo this weekend I bought my self a hydroponic sprout grower. I am starting out with mung beans. You can get this kit at scoop and save for around $30. Mung beans take about 36 hours to sprout. You will the bottom with water and the beans sit on mesh. You don't want them to be submerged. The water should just be touching the bottom of the mesh. You well need to change the water every 12 hours (so twice) and leave the cover over the beans. When you change the water it's good to move the beans around so they don't sprout through the mesh.  That's it! It's that simple you can eat them just like that or you can use them in soups, salads or a stir fry. Keep you sprouts in a closed container in your fridge. My dogs and I are loving these! I can't wait to try some other blends of beans and might even get in to sprouting micro greens if I'm daring enough! It's rather cheap and easy to do even for organic beans and they have loads of health benefits such as aiding in digestion.
1hour
                                                                          24 hours
30 hours

No comments:

Post a Comment