Tuesday 23 June 2015

Stress and fibromyalgia

What a day! Things were going along as normal when I look down and don't see my little shadow (moxxi) fallowing me. So I go look out side when I don't find her I search the house checking window sills, cabinets, closets etc calling her name still nothing. She's usully right by my feet and if she isn't she comes if she hears her name or food. So I check about 5 times  shake some food call her name and at this point I'm worried so I call muffin at work. He said to check the back tree line that leads on yo a field and take our other dog mater cause maybe he will help. So we do that check the whole yard and by the field. Come in check the house again and nothing. So I call him again in a panic. He said to call some people in town like his brother and see if they can help look and take mater for a walk. So that's what I did. Along the way I saw that our friends kid was at home so went to ask them to keep an eye out. Of course mater goes crazy and wakes her up! ( she's working nights) so I felt so bad mater woke her up. Walked some more and  came home checked the house again opening all the doors and closets. Go to check the yard and I heard a car. It was muffins brother so he came and  helped me check the yard again and checked the house a few times as well. And nothing. So we went out side again and suddenly hear a little cry. Come in side call her name and nothing. Go out side and we hear her. We come in cause unsound a like its inside and I open a cabinet  that I looked in for her earlier and there she is munching on peanuts in the shell.  What a little stinker! She could have pushed the door open cause it's not heavy but she just thought she was in heaven! I have been working with her to not cry or bark all the time and obviously it back fired on me in this occasion. I'm so happy she was safe I was so scared. She is my baby and I felt so helpless. She doesn't understand cars and is so little someone could easily not see her. We live near the highway so she could easily get in someones way. As well as being in the country so she could get in trouble with wild life or injured and be stuck some where. I'm so happy this ended good today and hope it doesn't happen again anytime soon.
As soon as I was home and the adrenaline started wearing off I could feel all my muscles in spasm. I had pushed my self physically and emotionally. I find with my fibromyalgia even a little spike in stress can cause a flair. So you try and stop it from being to horrible  I took a nice long hot bath with Epson salts  did some stretches and uses some of my essential oils.  I can definitely still feel it but I have learned ways to lessen the pain or discomfort. It's a lot of trail and error and what works for one person might not help the next. All of us are different.
I am looking forward to a day of rest tomorrow where I can enjoy some tea and read my book and let my body recover.
Here is the time she snuck in the fridge while I was cleaning it 
What a little stinker!  

No comments:

Post a Comment