Sunday 10 May 2015

Dinner and a show #1

Spring is officially here! It's theatre season :)  I have tickets to I believe 6 over the spring and summer. So with out further ado lets dive into the first one.

My muffin was out of town so he took me to dinner before the show. We went to Original Joe's. I had a very lovely salad. Muffin dropped me off at our friends house. Their son was in the play. They were once enough to drive me.
The play was the Sound of Music presented by Westwood collegiate. Our friends son was playing Captain Von Trapp. When we arrived at our seats each of us found a brown paper bag tied up with string. Inside was the words for us to sing along with Edelweiss, little white fake flowers to wave about when they are on the mountain and a scrap of green fabric to wave about when the kids are wearing  their outfits made out of curtains. There were also goats  that would come out and tell up to sing along etc.
It was really fun and interesting. It's the first time I had seen the musical The Sound of Music. I have seen the movie so many times and know all the songs. Musicals are always a little different then the book or movie. I definitely enjoyed it and loved the little added but with the goats goofing off in the back ground and encouraging us involved. Interactive plays and musicals are a big thing right now and it definitely added and extra quality to the night.
The only down fall was that the sound system seemed to be acting up. Besides that I personally found it hot. But it's that time of year where you don't know when to turn the air on or heat off cause it's hot during the day and cold at night.
I was blown away at how great some of the kids were in the musical. There is some real talent and I hope to go to see my friends son in his next few plays over the years as I can imagine they will be just as good if not better!

No comments:

Post a Comment