Monday 4 May 2015

My garden...

Well I started planting my garden this week. It's nice to get it in a few weeks early! So far I planted spinach, kale, lettuce, turnip, carrots, green beans, yellow beans, purple beans, peas, cucumbers, patty pan squash, butternut squash,  acorn squash, spaghetti squash, radishes, honeydew and cantaloupe.
Today I hope to plant the white pumpkins and 2 types of potatoes. My rhubarb is finally doing good. Kirk usually mows it over. I think it's cause he hates it! Haha my hunky berry bush is doing amazing for a sale item that looked half dead last year. My blueberry bush is just starting and I think my pink lemonade blue berries as well. I have 30 strawberry plants some are up. Others I moved so I hope they took well and didn't die from winter. And my 2 raspberry bushes are still tiny. But they were like dead  twigs when they hit planted 3 years ago.
My garden is all fenced in so the bunnies don't eat it. And I used chicken wire as well to make trellis got the beans and peas etc to climb so I can have more space. I really want more permanent vertical gardening system some day.
I can't wait to have fresh veggies every day again 😊

No comments:

Post a Comment