Thursday 14 May 2015

Dinner and a show #2

ok so this time we didn't go for dinner first. The show was footloose and it was put on by piper pride productions which was formed for John Taylor alumni.
You can check out this up coming shows here
We got there about 5 min before the show started which was fine cause we had our tickets right down in the front row just how I like it. I had seen rainbowstages production of footloose so I knew what to expect compared to the movie. 
I personally knew about 5 people who were in this production all of which are very talented. It's good that they started something like this so theatre doesn't have to stop for people after high school. In less you were aiming for a acting career there didn't seem to be much of options. This is a wonderful middle ground for people who still would like to be performing but not doing it as a career. 
The play was wonderful. If I had to pick one down fall it was that it was hard to hear some of the cast but even then I was close enough so I could still hear. The costumes were so bright and colourful they really caught your eye and the dancing was great they even did a number with jump ropes! 
The singing was seriously amazing! We have some very talented people in our city and they were not lacking in this production. 
I'm looking forward to seeing future productions by piper pride productions as I imagine they also will be wonderful. 
Up coming shows The Snow Queen Dec 27-30 2015
And Smokey Joe's Cafe May 2016

No comments:

Post a Comment